As a LOCATE member, you are entitled to receive all of the following benefits, all for just $15 per year:
- Professional Development – LOCATE provides many opportunities to earn professional development hours (PDHs) through a wide variety of formats (monthly meetings, annual conference, webinars, etc.).
- Networking Opportunities – LOCATE provides many opportunities to meet and learn more about your fellow professionals, not only in LOCATE, but also the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the Nebraska Society of Professional Engineering (NSPE) in a variety of settings, both professional and recreational.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Members can volunteer within the organization in a variety of ways, including serving as a board member, a Chapter Director, or a volunteer as a speaker for LOCATE’s DriveSmart Learn more about DriveSmart here!
- Student Recruitment – LOCATE holds an annual “Meet & Greet” event on the University of Nebraska – Lincoln campus to connect LOCATE members’ firms or agencies with transportation engineering students seeking internships or full-time employment.
- Student Support – LOCATE annually promotes the Dr. Pat McCoy Fund for Engineering Excellence, which is an endowed scholarship administered by the University of Nebraska Foundation, that provides annual scholarships to students working to obtain a degree in the field of transportation engineering. Learn more about how to contribute (link) to McCoy Fund or apply (link) for a scholarship.